Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Something New...

It has come to my attention that my blogging schedule is somewhat...erratic.

A few days of surprisingly frenetic activity, followed and swallowed by epochs of silence.

Well, no more, I say!

In an effort to discipline myself (not like that; get your mind out of the gutter) and get myself onto some form of schedule, I'm implementing "Tuesday Treasures".

Every Tuesday, I'll post a review of something that I enjoy. I won't be limiting this to books, movies, or music (although they will form a large part of this), but quite simply, everything that I find joy in.

There are a number of reasons for this:

1. As I mentioned, I need to be more consistent with updating this blog, and my writing in general. I'm hoping that this will help me be more dedicated and disciplined in all my writing.

2. I want to focus on things that make me happy. Sometimes, life gets to be a bit too much, and by bringing attention to things that make me happy, it can help keep my mind away from the monsters that loom.

3. To share a some of my interests with all of you, and to get to know you better.

That's where you come in.

From time to time, I'll post a guest review, kind of a "Treasure Map" to something YOU enjoy.

Is there something you want to share, something that makes you happy?

It doesn't have to be a book, movie, or music. It can be something as simple as a treasured childhood memory. A story about something funny your kids do. Maybe something as simple as a picture of a monkey riding on a dog:



In short, if it brings a smile to your face, if it makes you feel good and reminds you about how fun life really is, share it.

If you're interested, email me at scratch_1701@yahoo.com and let me know.

I hope to hear from you.
******************
Thanks for reading my ranting,
Brad

1 comment:

  1. Cool idea. Always good to specifically concentrate on happy things sometimes. Makes it easier to weather the rough things. And yes, it helps to have a general idea of what you will post about to get you on a schedule of some sort. (Part of why I started Filk Fridays. It's something easy and fun.)

    Best luck with your Tuesday Treasures. I look forward to them and will think about what I should send as offerings. :D

    ReplyDelete