Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Offering, Number Two

My son Hunter is home sick from school today, and while I'm waiting for the doctor's appointment, it seems to be the perfect time to present the second in this year's Halloween Offerings.

This one is the perfect example of the kind of art I like best, the kind that happens when you start to draw without any idea of what you want to produce.

I don't normally work in ball-point pen (can't erase when you goof up), but that's what I had in my hand when I started to sketch, and this time it seems to have worked:
 
I'm very happy with how this turned out, and I hope you will be as well.

I also hope you'll keep checking in with me; more fun is on the way! ************************************************************************
Thanks for reading my ranting,

  Brad

3 comments:

  1. Love the motion you've captured in his cloak, and the "almost" face in the shadows of the hood.

    Hope Hunter is feeling better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Good use of shading to evoke the motion and the form.

    ReplyDelete