Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Double-Digits...

Today is a very special day, for me, for the world in general, and for one very outstanding young man in particular:

Today, Hunter turns 10.

Yeah, he knows he's cool...

I could joke about how the time flies. I could make cracks about how I'm not old enough to have a 10-yr-old son.

But I think instead that I'll just talk about him.

Ten years ago today, he brought a joy and love into my life that I never even knew I was missing.

I can't begin to describe how proud I am of him, of his gentleness, his intelligence, his creativity...his just in general coolness.

Since he came into the world, he's been my inspiration. My inspiration to do better. To be better.

I nearly lost him once, and honestly don't think I could have made it without him.

I love both of my children very much. I love them both differently, but equally.

But Hunter will always be my firstborn.

Ten years doesn't seem like a very long time, and yet I can't remember a time without him.

Truthfully, I don't really want to.

Happy birthday, Hunter.

I love you.
********************************************
Thanks for reading my ranting,

Brad

5 comments:

  1. Just for clarification, that really was Hunter posting a reply. That's one of the reasons I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man and his son...volumes can be spoken about the incredible bond! And Hunter continues to grow to explore, to strive to walk in the steps of his father. My prayer for you two is he stands on your shoulders, reaching higher, and you stand proud, knowing he's a product of your love. Happy Birthday Hunter - one Hot July birthday guy to another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad, this was really touching. Hunter is a lucky man to have a dad who loves him as much as you obviously do. Hope he has an amazing year!

    Happy Birthday, Hunter!

    (stratton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "he brought a joy and love into my life that I didn't even know I was missing"

    That is exactly how I felt when I had my first child. Happy birthday, Hunter. You're a lucky kid to have such a cool dad. :)

    ReplyDelete